Ashtanga Yoga Retreat at Yoga Rocks – Agios Pavlos, South Crete
- Date: Sat 01 Jun 2024 – Sat 15 Jun 2024
- Location: Greece, Crete
- Organiser: Phil and Helen
- Price: Shared room 950 EUR one week/ 1800 EUR two weeks 275 Euros extra/for single room per week
A magical Ashtanga yoga retreat
I’m back at Yoga Rocks in June 2024 for another wonderful Ashtanga yoga retreat.
At this time in history we need yoga, light and togetherness more than ever. I’m very much looking forward to returning to the “sleeping dragon” (the name given to the rocky headland) and Agios Pavlos. The cutest beach and cosiest tavernas are in this area. Phil and Helen and their crew will make magic wherever they manifest themselves.
Yoga Rocks retreat centre is set in a magical location on top of the rocks overlooking the beautiful “sleeping dragon” headland. The beach is only a couple of minutes away and the cosy tavernas are just a minute’s walk away.
This Ashtanga yoga retreat is perfect if you’d like to deepen your practice or perhaps to begin a practice and gain a deeper understanding of yoga – as well as enjoying a vacation in a beautiful place on earth. The classes will be held in English and you can stay for either one or two weeks.
Anna Hennig will assist in all classes.
- Mysore-style practice Sunday-Friday with Saturday free.
- Three afternoon classes each week covering topics on yoga philosophy, the human energy system and always including pranayama. This year will also include a shamanic ceremony for the heart with love and light.
- Each student will be given a personal pranayama practice at the end of the course.
- Some evening meditations/kriyas will be held at the shala or outside.
- We’ll also have time to go to Spili – a little village in the mountains – to buy olive oil, soaps and creams, or to just enjoy the village life.
You’ll be staying in a double room. A single room is also possible for an extra fee.
The food is made with love and all vegetarian.
Included in the price
- Accommodation: 7 or 14 nights in a double room.
- A single room is available for an additional fee.
- Yoga and pranayama once or twice daily in our shala. Traditional Mysore-style classes Sunday to Friday. Three afternoon classes per week. Meditation and kriya practice some evenings. Some afternoon classes will be held outside.
- Self-serve buffet breakfast in the kitchen: fruits, bread, yoghurt, peanut butter, jam, honey, nuts, coffee and tea.
- Two large beautiful vegetarian buffet meals each day.
On the Friday night we’ll eat at a local taverna where everyone will pay for their own meal (approx. 15-20 Euros).
Make a booking
Practice with Maria
Sign up to receive Maria's monthly blog and teaching schedule both in Sweden and abroad
Life is an adventure of our own design, intersected by fate and a series of lucky and unlucky accidents - Patti Smith