Ashtanga Yoga Retreat at Yoga Rocks – Agios Pavlos, South Crete
- Date: Sat 06 Jun – Sat 20 Jun 2020
- Location: Greece, Crete
- Organiser: Yoga Rocks Crete
- Price: 2 weeks 1550 EUR, 1 week 825 EUR
Yoga Rocks have moved location. So I bow my head for all the beautiful years I have had at Triopetra. For ten years I have been teaching with Yoga Rocks and thirteen years altogether in this area. I am very much looking forward to returning to the “sleeping dragon” (the name given to the rocky headland) and Agios Pavlos again. The cutest beach and cosiest tavernas are in this area. Phil and Helen and their crew will make magic wherever they manifest themselves. This will be my second year at Agios Pavlos. I loved being there in summer 2019!
Yoga Rocks retreat centre is set in a magical location on top of the rocks overlooking the beautiful “sleeping dragon” headland. The beach is only a couple of minutes away and the cosy tavernas are just a minute’s walk away.
This retreat is perfect if you would like to deepen your practice or perhaps to begin a practice and gain a deeper understanding of yoga – as well as enjoying a vacation in a beautiful place on earth. The classes will be held in English and you can stay for either one or two weeks.
- Mysore style practice Sunday-Friday with Saturday free.
- Three afternoon classes each week covering topics on yoga philosophy, the human energy system and always including pranayama.
- Each student will be given a personal pranayama practice at the end of the course.
- Some evening meditations/kriyas will be held at the shala or outside.
- We will also have time to go to Spili – a little village in the mountains – to buy olive oil, soaps and creams, or to just enjoy the village life.
You’ll be staying in a double room. A single room is also possible for an extra fee.
The food is made with love and all vegetarian.
Included in the price
- Accommodation: 7 or 14 nights in a double room.
- A single room is available for an additional fee.
- Yoga and pranayama once or twice daily in our shala. Traditional Mysore style classes Sunday to Friday. Three afternoon classes per week. Meditation and kriya practice some evenings. Some afternoon classes will be held outside.
- Self-serve buffet breakfast in the kitchen: fruits, bread, yoghurt, peanut butter, jam, honey, nuts, coffee and tea.
- Two large beautiful vegetarian buffet meals each day.
On the Friday night we will eat at a local taverna where everyone will pay for their own meal (approximately 15-20 Euros).
Make a booking
Life is an adventure of our own design, intersected by fate and a series of lucky and unlucky accidents - Patti Smith