Two-Year Yoga and Philosophy Deepening Course
- Date: Mon 21 Aug 2023 – Thu 31 Jul 2025
- Location: Sweden, Stockholm
- Organiser: Maria Boox
- Price: 48,500SEK
This deepening course is for 16 people who have had a regular practice for a long time and have practised with me before. It offers a wonderful opportunity to journey much deeper into your yoga practice and discover the tools for real transformation.
The course spans over two years and has a combined total of 600 hours of studies, both as a group and on your own. During the last six months of the course, I’ll be your mentor with regards to your practice and teaching.
Anna Hennig will also assist me during the whole course.
The course is divided into four chapters, which are based on Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. We’ll meet for six days at a time for full-time study, twice a year. We’ll also meet twice via Zoom for group work and questions. In between these times, you’ll study different parts of yoga philosophy and anatomy.
An online anatomy course will be included, from David Keil. He’ll also join us on Zoom for an hour of Q&A. There’ll also be lectures on anatomy with Rebecca Carlowitz and a lecture on the nervous system with Agneta Markgren.
This is an exclusive course, which includes my personal guidance and attention during the two years. You’ll also gain the benefits of working in a small, intimate group.
Included in the course
- Daily Mysore classes
- Daily pranayama
- Pulse reading
- Adjustments and teaching techniques
- Study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- 200-hour online anatomy course with David Keil
- One-hour Zoom class with David for Q&A
- Anatomy lecture by Rebecca Carlowitz
- Lecture about the nervous system with Rebecca Carlowitz
- The subtle energy systems of the body
- Chakra system
- Yoga therapy
- Ethics in yoga
- Discussions around yoga practitioners as students or teachers: private/personal/professional
- Methods in how to teach, from beginners to more experienced practitioners
- In between the teaching sessions you’ll study yoga literature, anatomy and of course your own asana and pranayama practice
- We’ll also have meetings over Skype or FaceTime
- Eight months mentorship will complete this two-year course
- First Chapter: 21-26 Aug 2023
- Second Chapter: 22-27 Apr 2024
- Third Chapter: 19-24 Aug 2024
- Fourth Chapter: 25-30 Nov 2024
Price and payment
- Price: 48,500SEK
- Registration fee: 8,500SEK (non-refundable)
- The remainder of the cost can be split into 3 payments but must be paid in full at the latest by May 15th 2023. If you split the payment, an extra 10% admin fee will be added.
If you’re interested in this course, please send me a message letting me know why you’d like to attend before paying the deposit and completing the form below.
Sign up to the waiting listUnfortunately this event is now fully booked. Sign up to the waiting list below and Maria will contact you if a space becomes available.
Practice with Maria
Sign up to receive Maria's monthly blog and teaching schedule both in Sweden and abroad
Life is an adventure of our own design, intersected by fate and a series of lucky and unlucky accidents - Patti Smith